In case you missed our recent guest post for Once Wed + Wedding Styling 101, sharing 5 tips to refresh your brand, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ll be recapping them below while we talk about wedding industry branding and the importance of keeping your brand current. After all, yesterday was the first day of spring! Could your brand use a little spring cleaning?
In our post, we offer wedding industry branding tips for both industry veterans and new wedding professionals, but this principal remains true for us all: Even though when shaping your brand, the idea is to come up with something so great that you can stick with it for years to come, it still might need to be tweaked every few years or so to remain current.
Wedding industry branding spring cleaning
Just like with spring cleaning our houses – it doesn’t matter if we want to do it or not, we can’t argue that it needs to be done. Once a year, take time to evaluate where your brand stands and determine what needs to be done to spruce it up a bit. When was the last time you updated your website? Do you need to swap out dated photos with more current ones (social media cover photos count too)?
It’s easy to let these smaller, seemingly mundane wedding industry branding tasks slip through the cracks while you’re busy actually running your business and working with clients. But, nonetheless, your brand can become stale if it sits on the backburner for too long. Start fresh by re-evaluating your ideal client, updating your service offerings and prices, and sprucing up your social media profiles. Then, to ensure you stay current, mark a quarterly review on your calendar for a little dusting off!
If your brand needs an overhaul
It’s ok to admit that your brand no longer fits your ideal client and work aesthetic. In fact, that can even be a great sign – you have successfully identified your target client and now know to best attract them with your services. And after all, even big brands undergo wedding industry branding campaigns (hello Green Wedding Shoes’ beautiful new website), and as a result are more successful than ever!
If comparing your brand to others in your space (competitors who target the same client) and you do decide you’re in need of a new logo and/or website, know that you don’t have to kiss your entire brand goodbye. Adjusting your logo – fonts, color palettes, design elements – can go a long way! For example:
5 quick tips to refresh your brand
- Update outdated photos on your homepage and portfolio with your most recent work.
- If you’ve been falling behind on Instagram (or social media in general), use a free tool like Hootsuite and spend an hour each Monday scheduling posts for the week.
- Update your Pinterest board cover photos with images that best represent your brand’s aesthetic.
- Remove your blog if it’s not being used OR create a document to drop post ideas in for future use. Writing becomes easier when you don’t have to scramble for fresh ideas.
- Check to see if your vendor profile information and photos are up to date on wedding listing websites.